Wednesday, July 1, 2009

meet Renee!

Renee is the woman behind Pink Owl Paperie, an adorable shop on Etsy. Renee loves vintage and makes great little scrapbooking pieces. You can check out her blog HERE, as well.

I asked Renee a few questions, and here's her story. Let's get to know Renee!
I'm from Missoula, Montana. It's an amazing little city and I absolutely love living here with my family.


I adore paper crafting. I started "scrapbooking" with my Grandma when I was a child, but back then my scrapbooks consisted of pictures of my favorite toys cut from the JCPenney toy catalogs, ticket stubs and postcards pasted to black scrapbook pages. I started scrapbooking as we know it today about 10 years ago, and I have been in love ever since.

My favorite thing about scrapbooking is that it combines my favorite things: photography, crafting and memorabilia. I love that I can make something that will last for years to come that will stand as a record for who we are, how we lived and what we loved for future generations.

I am so excited that the scrapbook world has begun to expand beyond the page into all kinds of amazing art. I also really love to make mini albums and altered artwork for my home.

I decided to open my own Etsy shop because I thought it would be a good creative outlet for me. I am a stay at home mom of three pre-K children, so Etsy seemed like the perfect choice. I love to make my own embellishments. When I decided to open Pink Owl Paperie, I originally planned to put unique kits together to sell, but it quickly changed into my own handmade embellishments. I do plan on starting an "Embellishment Kit of the Month" this fall so I will be able to combine both plans. My favorite things to make are the journaling cards. I could spend all night making them (and I often do)!

I LOVE to combine vintage and vintage inspired goodies on my projects, pages, and in my home, so you will find a lot of vintage inspiration in my shop.


Thanks, Renee! We are so excited to see what is to come from Pink Owl Paperie! Below are some of the items available in her shop. Go and get 'em!


Renee's friend, Jenn at Creative Chaos sent me a layout she did using this week's sketch. I wanted to share it with you as a sample to spark any last minute creativity from those of you paying along this week.


The winner of this week's SKETCHY THURSDAYS sketch challenge will win a prize pack of goodies from Pink Owl Paperie. (Thanks, Renee!!) So, get those entries in! The sketch sample is in the right sidebar. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!


3 comments:

The Mom said...

Great layout!! I love the edges of the papers and the contrast with the dots!! :)

Nancywithajones said...

good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Always love good etsy finds! thanks!