Wednesday, July 15, 2009

meet Marcia from Paper Charms

Marcia runs the Paper Charms etsy shop. Paper Charms is this week's Sketchy Thursdays sponsor. Let's get to know Marcia!

***************************************

I live in the city of beaches, golf courses, and sunshine-Myrtle Beach, SC. I moved here 4 years ago with my wonderful husband and two teenage children.


I enjoy every aspect of paper crafting from creating scrapbooks, invitations, favor boxes to altered projects. Just keep the paper rolling. That's funny because my husband works for a paper company.
If

I have to pick one thing I enjoy the most about paper crafting, it would be scrapbooking. There's nothing like that feeling of accomplishment when you take a sheet of paper, a photo and some embellishments and create a lasting memory for your family. It also allows me to preserve my families memories while satisfying my need to create.


I started scrapbooking 11 years ago after my best friend asked me to host a party for Creative Memories. I remember my first page was our family trip to Sesame Place and the pages just keep coming after that. Although I do wish I had more time to devote to scrapbooking and experimenting with some of the new techniques.


My favorite trend in paper crafting is the use of buttons. I like playing around with them to create different looks on my pages or projects. By simply adding a button to your project you can create texture, interest and that extra splash of color.

***************************************

Thanks, Marcia! We are so lucky to have Paper Charms as a sponsor! Take a look at her store when you get a chance, there are some really cute tags there.





Don't forget to get your Sketchy Thursdays entry in by tonight! The challenge ends at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will be announced tomorrow.



No comments: