Tuesday, July 7, 2009

meet Jennifer!

This week's SKETCHY THURSDAYS challenge prize comes to us from the Pinky goes Platinum Etsy shop. Keep reading to learn a little bit about Jennifer and her store.


My name is Jennifer Savoy proprietor of Pinky goes Platinum and I'm from Baton Rouge/ New Orleans, Louisiana. I live here with my husband and my adorable dog Molly. It's a great southern city filled with historical beauty, charm and out of this world food.


I graduated in graphic design/photography 8 years ago. I've been a designer for local newspapers and magazines. Also, a product photographer for a antique shop for the past 3 years while I freelanced for a stationery shop.

During this time the stationery shop inspired me to create my own line of stationery/scrapbooking designs. Once the economy tanked antiques where no longer selling and I was laid off, so I had to turn "lemons into lemonade" and started concentrating on my scrapbooking design. That's when I opened my Etsy store.

It's fairly new and I have a lot more work to do on it but, I'm so excited about this new chapter of my life.
I have a tendency to design with bold geometric shape with I think comes from my love of mid-century modern style. My designs are simple, colorful and fun.

This is truly my passion in life: designing and photography, creating images and memories that will last forever. Once that moment is gone, you have lost it forever. But, one image of that second in your life can be captured and kept through photographs and in beautiful scrapbook pages for your family to pass down through generations.
I'm so excited about my Etsy store and please visit me for new designs being uploaded soon.

Here are some of the cute things Jennifer has been cooking up! You can also follow Jennifer on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PinkyPlatinum



Don't forget to get your SKETCHY THURSDAYS entry in by tomorrow morning! I can't wait to see what you all did with the simple sketch this week.




3 comments:

Kim said...

those are SO cute!

bethchien said...

awesome! cute tags and I LOVE LOVE your layout below!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome and I added mine!