Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a lovely birthday card


As promised yesterday, here is the birthday card I made for Theresa to send to a friend.

I used my Lawn Fawn stamps (which I love and highly recommend!!), and the Pink Paislee paper from House of 3 that is all about how you ink and/or mist it.

I used Tea Dye distressing ink on the paper this time. As much as I love the purple I used last time, it was time to try another color.


And more Copics learning time for me. Still getting the hang of it, but I truly do believe that with each attempt I get a better sense of how those markers work with each other. It really is all about trial and error with them.

Thanks for stopping by today! I am getting into card mode, so I hope you are ready for it!! I promise, layouts will not go by the wayside, I'm just really feeling some card creativity right now. Must be the holiday season!! :)

14 comments:

Lea said...

Such an elegant card! Love that stamp!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! love the brown and red together!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Janet's Joy said...

Cute!

lisa said...

Lovely card Diana xx

Becky said...

Beautiful card!

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card.
Nice shading with the copics. Ya I sound like I know what I'm talking about, never tried them :)

Unknown said...

Love that paper but the card is way cute. You are getting some MAD Copic skilz!

Jingle said...

And lovely, indeed! Great job!

Megan B said...

beautiful card!

Christy said...

Love this card!

LG said...

how cute this is! Love it!

Miss Mary said...

Beautiful card!!

Keshet said...

This is too pretty@

EverydayMe said...

so sweet! {{hugs}} Michelle