Monday, November 22, 2010

I got pubbed!


I got pubbed!!! And this is cool for one big reason: I set a goal in summer of 2009 to have a layout published in a print magazine, and I did it!

I'm all about accomplishing goals. If you don't know what you are working towards, then your work has no forward motion. It may be as simple as scrapping your child's baby pictures from the 90's, or to use a new technique you've been wanting to try. Whatever the goal is, you still need to have one, or the motivation may not be there.


I have to tell you that I was at work when I got the e-mail from CK that they were going to publish 2 of my layouts in the Everyday Memories special issue.

I was a hot mess! :) I jumped up and down, I was in near tears, and I shared that moment with 2 of my most dear friends: Laura and Renee.

That is also what makes this so darn cool! Thanks ladies for being there for me!! I'll always remember you being a part of this when I look back on it.


CK released this issue last week. I got my copy at Borders, so head on out and get yours! It really is jam packed full of wonderful pages, tips and ideas.

Thanks for sharing this moment with me, and for reading my blog!! :)

28 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That is soooooooooooooooo AWESOME DIANA!!! CONGRATS!!!! I will get that issue! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Brenda said...

awwww I am sooo happy for you Diana!!! You are the most driven young ladies I know....you go girl!!!
Awesome news!
hugs
Brenda

Dana Tatar said...

Congrats Diana!

Janet's Joy said...

Congrats Diana! It's a great feeling isn't it?
CK no less! Awesome!

Diana Waite said...

Yipee!!!! congrats to you!!

Laurel said...

Woo hoo, congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! this is a dream of mine, too... so happy to see yours come true!

Jingle said...

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting!!!

A Sarasota said...

Congrats, chickie, you deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you Diana! Well deserved recognition for a very talented scrapper/crafter :)

Steph said...

Congrats! That is wonderful.

smdluxe said...

Congratulations!!! that's great!

CA-scrappin said...

Wow- that is so cool- I've always said I'd try, but never do. CONGRATULATIONS

Emily D. said...

Congrats Diana!! You deserve it!!! Can't wait to go get my own copy!!

Liz Michaud said...

Congratulations! Your layouts look awesome!

Tracy said...

Yeah!!! how exciting.
I can see why they picked you, your layouts are amazing.

lisa said...

Congrats!!!
Nothing quite seeing yourself in print.
Well done girlie xxx

Unknown said...

EEEK- how totally exciting! CONGRATS to ya!!! love the LO!

Unknown said...

WOOHOOOOO! Congrats Diana!!! You definitely deserve it girl! You are UBER talented!

ScrappnBee said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! What a great job...and oviously great LOs!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!

Nitasha said...

CONGRATS! what an awesome accomplishment and so fabulous that you met your goal!

Amy said...

Congrats!!!! It is so fun to see your creations in print!!!!!
I will definitely check out that issue!!!!!

Marcie said...

Big congrats! I would have been jumping up and down too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats to you!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this copy/mag!! HOOOORAY!

Keshet said...

Oh wow, Diana, that's AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Huge congrats Diana! That is so awesome! So happy for you!!

EverydayMe said...

wow wow wow... yeah for you... I'm so excited for you... I will go out today and get one!!! this looks like a great issue... especially with you it.... so happy happy happy for you.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! {{hugs}} Michelle