Wednesday, September 8, 2010

do not enter! nate's room!


Every little boy needs a sign for his room. You know the kind—the ones that say DO NOT ENTER! NATE'S ROOM! Some day we'll see that skull and cross bones, all-black sign on his door, but for now he has this cute, little door knob sign instead.

It is mounted on thick corrugated cardboard and hangs by a rope-style ribbon.


I had printed out a few copies of Tiny Tobie (from Some Odd Girl digital images) to practice coloring with my new Copics. After I got this one colored just the way I liked it, I knew I needed to give him a good home—and this little sign was born!


I am really starting to get then hang of the shading you can accomplish with Copics. I really liked how well the shirt, jeans, shoes and bone turned out.

Nate was so excited that Tiny Tobie looked so much like him, that he colored one, too! And then we had to make his a door knob sign, too.


Thanks for stopping by! I'm excited to share this post today. Nate and I had so much fun with our impromptu crafting this past holiday weekend. We made a few projects for no reason at all except to have fun. :)

13 comments:

Keshet said...

Love this sign!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW!! You both ROCKED it!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee 'em both!!! Good job Nate and Mama too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Janet's Joy said...

Nate I love the colouring job you did! Awesome! I like yours too Diana. LOL!

Jingle said...

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE this! Can you make one for my room? LOL! Kidding. Kind of. LOL! Nate, you did an awesome job with your coloring!

Flamingo Scraps said...

You both did a super job!

bethchien said...

that is so wicked cool AND cute! and you seriously made my day with your comment over at BMS!!
that means so much to me, coming from you, b/c I have looked up to your work for so long now!
thank you so much!
and YOU are a freaking amazing altered artist too! :D
B

Unknown said...

OMGosh that is so freakin adorable! Little kids coloring and craftiness has to be one of my fav all time things! Well done Nate! I think you are doin fabby with your copics too. Practice is the only way to get better :) I love all the layered elements on your hanger. Super cute!

Lea said...

Oh, I love these!!! So much fun. Nate did a great job!!!

Tracy said...

Nate did a wonderful job.
Love your door sign.
I have never tried copic markers.

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. Love the sign!

EverydayMe said...

this is so great I love it... Rainee just saw it and loved the doggies... too too fun.... great idea!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

heidi said...

so cute! so...you're really liking the copics, eh? no! don't tell me! i don't need some other majorly expensive obsession!!

Amanda Sevall said...

LOVE this!!! So cute!! (And I love the background you used too!! hee hee!!)