Thursday, September 16, 2010

arrg!! a pirate for labor day?


I love this page! Love it! Not only is it made using the most recent Sketchy Thursdays sketch—which I LOVE— it is also chock full of fun!

My son is not dressed for Halloween, as you may think. He is, in fact, dressed for Labor Day! Nate had won a sword at a festival that weekend, picked this shirt out when choosing new school clothes, and then throw in a treasure hunt hosted by Grandma and you've got one heck of a cute Labor Day Pirate!


(Do you see that the Glossy Accents make another appearance here as rain drops? OK, so I'm not completely over it yet. I may give the stuff another chance.)


I did a lot of fun things with this page. I was able to use a great mix of Basic Grey Eerie and Pink Paislee paper, added Googly eyes to the skull, used some great Halloween embellishments I had left over from last year, and even threw in some "parrots," as Nate is quite concerned that pirates need to have a parrot.


I hope to see you over at Sketchy Thursdays today. If you missed it yesterday, we announced the new Design Team who start their term in October. Like I said, this week's sketch is fabulous!! At least for me it is—I just love multi-photo layouts.

This is also week two of the Etsy Shop Sponsors bonanza. And, my shop is one of the sponsors! This week's lucky winner will win prizes from 5 Etsy shops, including a set of Map flowers and Mixed Media Blooms from me! Check out my shop here!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great rest of your day!!

16 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so cute!

sarah said...

hehehe! he's so adorable. ARGH Matey. ;)

hugs,
sarah.

Diana Waite said...

this is REALLY fun!

Lea said...

What a fun LO!!! I can't wait to try out this sketch. Love the wicked skeleton and the googly eyes on the scull are awecome !! :)

Unknown said...

Really fun layout! Nate is so cute!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

I see why you love this one, it's super fun :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooooo stinkin' cute Diana!! I love love love love love love love those photos and loving how you made the rain clouds! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

This is so adorable!!

Adora Concepcion said...

i really love this!!!! fantastic!

Unknown said...

He is super adorable! But in a scary sort of boy way ;) A scary pirate like that may not dig being called "adorable" lol. The sketch is super! I'm lovin it!

Janet's Joy said...

Very sweet layout!!

Flamingo Scraps said...

Fun, fun layout! I actually have so many photos of my family as pirates that I have a Pirate scrapbook LOL!

Unknown said...

ok...LOOOOVING what you did with the glossy accents! i love this layout and all the photos you used...so cool!

heidi said...

Yep. This page is definitely a keeper! So totally cute!!

EverydayMe said...

this is so Rainee... I love it... just yesterday she was dressing up as Batgirl... and before that... a pirate... I love it... it make every day special... arrrrrrrrg!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Amanda Sevall said...

So cute!! Loving the clouds and glossy accents raindrops!!