Thursday, July 22, 2010

sketchy thursdays and scrapbook circle


Yep, I am THAT mother. You know... The one that makes her child do manual labor to earn his keep. Yep, that's me! :)

These pictures are from Nate on an allowance kick. He'd already cleaned up his toy area downstairs and organized his bins in his bedroom upstairs. Then he was looking for some more work so he could make a little bit more money.

I remembered my mother giving me and my brothers buckets of warm, soapy water to wash walls. So... here is Nate, carrying on the tradition! And honestly, he loved it.


This page is made with the sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (another great one, Heidi!!!!), and the August kit from Scrapbook Circle.

We aren't supposed to reveal until 8/25, but I know Lisa will understand that I just HAD to use the lemon paper and yellow lettering from the kit. They work so well with my soapy, lemon-scented, Mr. Clean pictures of my son. So, I just had to! :)

This page is also for the Scrap Freak GDT challenge: YELLOW! I always say this, but I mean it. The ladies over at Scrap Freak are super nice... you must hang out over there with us! There is honestly TOO MUCH to do over there. I can never fit it all in, and I always have the best intentions.


I hope to see you all playing along at Sketchy Thursdays. We have a wonderful sponsor this week: Sweet Peach Crop Shop. And I just know you're going to love what they are offering as a prize. So head on over there.

And the Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge ends this Saturday. If you haven't entered yet there is still time!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...three challenges in one! Nate definitley looks pretty happy to be helping out and earning some extra allowance. Does he want to visit AZ and clean my walls too...ha! :)

Jingle said...

This is really cute!!!

Diana Waite said...

ADORABLE!

Tracy said...

Ohhh I guess I am one of THOSE mothers also teehee.
Love your layout.

Keshet said...

Super fun page!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this Diana!! I love love love how you punched out the lemons from the Jillibean paper!!! And hehehehehehehe...I knew we were bff's forever....lol...I'm one of THOSE mama's too! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

wow, slave driver mommy!!! that's hilarious!!!!!!

KarenB said...

LOL, I'm one of 'those' mothers too :) I don't know if I could get my DD to wash walls, but she does a great job with folding laundry!!

Thanks for playing along at the Design Dollies blog hop and visiting my blog :)

Nikki xx said...

hehehe..I am all for child labour...I just wish my three shared the same sentiment. I love your layout Dianna, the placement of the photos and the circles behind...just gorgeous!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love this!!! Super cute!! :)

Nitasha said...

supercute! Even the colors of lime and lemon remind me of the fresh, clean smell of PineSol!