Friday, July 9, 2010

new love for my cricut and a challenge


Lucy's Cards Challenge #12 is to use buttons on a card... so here's my card! And yes, I am a compulsive button hoarder. I even have friends scoping out the great antique spots for me and bringing back the stash. (Thanks, Theresa!!!!) Gotta have the buttons!

I had fun breaking out the Cricut for this one. My favorite Cricut cartridge has always been New Arrival. I often have new baby or expectant mother cards to make, so it has always gotten a workout.

But, I just found a new favorite—the Sweethearts cartridge. It is chock full of great little pieces. Including the bubblegum machine I used in the card above. There are also umbrellas, dresses, scooters... it's officially adorable!


Thanks for stopping by to read my blog. If I have inspired you today, I hope that it is to dust off your Cricut and make something cute this weekend! Or break out the buttons! :)

14 comments:

Mo said...

oh yes, i've been thinking about my neglected cricut lately! i hope to get to playing with it today but my "to-do" list is a MILE long!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!

Jingle said...

These are both super cute! I love them!!!

Brenda said...

awesome job!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Shell said...

buttons are addictive... I have a passion for them.. or is it a problem ;-)

Beth said...

those are adorable!
and I am sooooooo like you! I have a GAZILLION buttons!

Keshka said...

Love this card!I don't have a cricut myself, but that cartridge does sound mighty cute!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love these cards!!! Thanks for taking the time to congratulate me!! I really appreciate it!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!!! How did my blog roll miss this post??? ugh...bad blogger! LOL! :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the gumball machine...toooooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lucy Abrams said...

Cute cards - great use of buttons. Thanks for playing :)

Tracy said...

Really nice cards.
I have a cricut but I sure don't use it as much as I should.

CarrieB said...

too funny! i was just thinking i need to make better use of my cricut!!!!thanks for the inspiration!!!

Amy Muffoletto said...

Beautiful cards. Love the buttons as gumballs!!!!! Mine will be dusted off and put to use tomorrow. I am teaching a cricut class at my event. That machine really is a great machine... Just have to get creative and LAYER!!!! Hugs,Amy

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a fun way to use buttons on the first card!