Friday, July 20, 2012

Cocoa Daisy, Club CK & Empire State Yankees


Hi! I had a chance to just play around with whatever I'd like the other night and this was the result. I had the Cocoa Daisy July kit on my desk and the stamps that I had yet to really dive into. 


I used the pennant arrows on the right side of the layout with some distressing ink. The little hand is in the top left corner in black. "Wednesday" and the arrow is in lower left corner. I love how versatile these stamps are! I can see that I'll use these on layouts a lot.


This picture was taken in the end of June when we went to an Empire State Yankees game and one of the past New York Yankees catchers, Francisco Cervelli, happened to be catching. In fact, Cervelli even tossed a ball into the stands near where we were sitting next to their dug out. The boy that caught it ended up giving the ball to Nate (we don't know why he gave him the ball, just a very generous gesture on that kid's part). Nate is eternally grateful — he calls it his "Cervelli Ball."

I also used the latest sketch from Ashley over at Club CK. You still have some time to play along, so head on over to Club CK and see the sketch challenge for July. It's a great one!

Thanks for stopping by to see my page today. Hope you all have a great weekend planned.

6 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

Go Team! Love this layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the stamping on this, Diana!! And the tilted photo strip looks great!! Fun way to change up the sketch!!

Christina Collins said...

I adore this layout! The photostrip along side the title and large photo is just a perfect combination. One I will have to try! Very inspiring. :)

scrappymo! said...

Very nice layout. i think you are going to inspire a lot of scraplifting!

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic! Love that title! :)

Diana Waite said...

what a SWEET layout--LOVE it Diana!