Monday, March 1, 2010

who's that girl: daily routines

I went digi for my next page. Some of you know that my career is graphic design. I learned all I know in the magazine biz and work as a print production coordinator. I love my job... but that doesn't mean I would want to make digi pages all the time.

I love the traditional scrapbook page for the escape that it is for me. The creativity that it brings that is outside of the creativity that I experience on a day-to-day basis.

But, I have been working on a few digi pages lately. I have this one for Who's That Girl, and another one coming up later this week. (Sketchy Thursdays is going digi this week, folks... get ready for it!)


Who's That Girl has posted the next challenge: Daily Routines. The DT did a great job, and all I can say is that a few of us apparently LOVE coffee. And some of the pages are quite cute and funny. Head on over and check them out for inspiration.

Remember to link up your pages to the comments section and the Flickr Gallery over there. We love to leave you love!!


PS: This sketch is from Kristy at Design Dollies. I made this page weeks ago for the reveal so I didn't get to play along, but I want to give her credit. Thanks for the great sketch, dollie!!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is awesome!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that paint!!!! and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm should i be scared of this weeks st???? lol lol lol....i couldn't do digi if someone paid me too (which wouldn't be a bad thing...the pay that is!! lol!!)..... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

GREAT page!

Marlene said...

I'm lovin' your layouts!

Unknown said...

I love this layout! The pictures are fantastic and I love the journaling.

Tracy said...

Love your layout.
Can;t believe that it is a digi layout.

heidi said...

very cool! love the paint, too! (gotta tell me how you did it!) i'm an almond sweet & salty bar girl, too!!!! mm mm good.

Diana Waite said...

this is such a FUN layout! Great job Diana!!

Nancywithajones said...

awesome layout girly!

Unknown said...

I think that's awesome that you like to scrap as a creative outlet! I love your new layout, i wouldn't have known it was digital unless I looked at it realllyyyy closely!
I tagged you on my blog! :)

lauren bergold said...

ok, no, i didn't realize you were in graphic design, but now that you say it, boy it essplains *EVERYTHING*!!! (cause you are goooooooooooood, missus!)

i agree completely re digi: sometimes it's the way to go to put across the info you want to relay, and it's quite fun as well, but nothing beats the texture you can get "irl"...plus i kind of need inky gluey fingers to feel really satisfied at the end of the night!!! :)

(awesome LO btw--your style is amazingly consistent whether digi or trad...really lovely details here & a great sketch from kristie!)