Friday, July 9, 2010

new love for my cricut and a challenge


Lucy's Cards Challenge #12 is to use buttons on a card... so here's my card! And yes, I am a compulsive button hoarder. I even have friends scoping out the great antique spots for me and bringing back the stash. (Thanks, Theresa!!!!) Gotta have the buttons!

I had fun breaking out the Cricut for this one. My favorite Cricut cartridge has always been New Arrival. I often have new baby or expectant mother cards to make, so it has always gotten a workout.

But, I just found a new favorite—the Sweethearts cartridge. It is chock full of great little pieces. Including the bubblegum machine I used in the card above. There are also umbrellas, dresses, scooters... it's officially adorable!


Thanks for stopping by to read my blog. If I have inspired you today, I hope that it is to dust off your Cricut and make something cute this weekend! Or break out the buttons! :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

oh yes, i've been thinking about my neglected cricut lately! i hope to get to playing with it today but my "to-do" list is a MILE long!

Jingle said...

These are both super cute! I love them!!!

Brenda said...

awesome job!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Shell said...

buttons are addictive... I have a passion for them.. or is it a problem ;-)

bethchien said...

those are adorable!
and I am sooooooo like you! I have a GAZILLION buttons!

Keshet said...

Love this card!I don't have a cricut myself, but that cartridge does sound mighty cute!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love these cards!!! Thanks for taking the time to congratulate me!! I really appreciate it!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!!! How did my blog roll miss this post??? ugh...bad blogger! LOL! :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the gumball machine...toooooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lucy Abrams said...

Cute cards - great use of buttons. Thanks for playing :)

Tracy said...

Really nice cards.
I have a cricut but I sure don't use it as much as I should.

CarrieB said...

too funny! i was just thinking i need to make better use of my cricut!!!!thanks for the inspiration!!!

Amy said...

Beautiful cards. Love the buttons as gumballs!!!!! Mine will be dusted off and put to use tomorrow. I am teaching a cricut class at my event. That machine really is a great machine... Just have to get creative and LAYER!!!! Hugs,Amy

papertrails leaver said...

what a fun way to use buttons on the first card!