Sunday, August 30, 2009

believe and magic happens


Happy Sunday! This is my page for this week's Sketchy Thursdays weekly challenge. The pictures are from this past Easter. My son sat down at our kitchen table and proceeded to write a note (as well as he could in 2-year-old scrawl) to the Easter bunny. It said, according to him: "Dear Easter Bunny, Here's your carrot, leave the basket (especially the jelly beans)."

He was very serious about it and even went to his room to get his stuffed rabbit for inspiration. I just love this moment. It will be a great contrast to when he's a pre-teen and tells me in his best moody voice that he is way past believing in the Easter bunny.





Supplies: Imaginisce (pp), Cosmo Cricket Earth Love (pp), K&Co. (chipboard letters), Making Memories (sticker letters), Half Full Martini (journal spot), Pink Paislee (chipboard tree)


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Are you playing along with Sketchy Thursdays yet? Using the sketch in the right sidebar, create your page and then upload it using Mr. Linky right below the sketch in the right sidebar. This week you can win a FAB prize from Jess and her Krafty Kates Etsy store.

Sketchy Thursdays is having a Design Team call. Check out the details here and send in your entry. The DT will receive sketches in advance and a small RAK, as well as the opportunity to receive items from future sponsors.


Do you love Sketchy Thursdays? Well, it's about to get even better!!!! Stay tuned and be sure to sign up to follow. Why? Because you may miss the big, HUGE, MULTI-SPONSORED announcement in September if you aren't following along!


12 comments:

Heather said...

Love the LO! I saw you got the button, does that mean you got my email? :D

Tonia_and_boys_Inc. said...

soo super cute diana! i ADORE that little chipboard tree. that is sooo sweet about nate writing to the easter bunny. silas does the same thing :) sweet, sweet boys!

Pat said...

This is so cute! Love the trees & the flowers!

Stacy said...

Toooo cute. Love the here's your carrott leave the basket. To funny. Great layout.

heidi said...

I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this layout. Your flowers and trees are so much fun!! (I'm gonna have to steal, ahem, I mean "lift" those.) Those chipboard letters are really cool.

Unknown said...

girl, this rocks! love the colors and that sketch is sooo cool! i'm soo addicted to your sketches i'm like.....hurry hurry....i need the new one so i can create!!! ha ha!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Bee-utiful! I have to tell you, I tried the paper role and tear. Let's just say it went in to the garbage *sigh*. I even wet the edges with water. Maybe some day I will figure it out LOL

xo

Pearl said...

such an adorable story to document !

Sept sounds awesome already, Diana ! way to go !

Jingle said...

Love this layout!!!

Wati Basri said...

lovely one there girl :)

Kim said...

mmm.. yummy! I love love love the Earth Love.
And those little trees are precious!

Brenda said...

Diana I LOVE this layout...right here is why I love scrapbooking it is these moments in life to cherish! Of all my crafting skills this one has over taken my life...I love it when a page touches my heart yours did that this morning...these precious memories!!
Love the papers and the colors you used...beautifly done!!!
hugs
Brenda