Monday, February 15, 2010

why i don't...


Who's That Girl is live with Challenge #3: Why I don't.... I had an incredibly tough time with this prompt, which is why, I guess, it's called a challenge.

I went through "Why I don't skydive," "Why I don't fly," Why I don't have any money (with a picture of my stash). And, with last week being deadline week at work (the time when we finalize the issue and send it to the printer), it seemed very appropriate to say, "Why I don't print anything without my editor."


Laura is my editor, the publisher of the magazine, and my bff at work. We have sat side-by-side in the same space for 8 years. I'm the only one who can read her handwriting, and she is the only one who knows what my hot buttons are.

The question is... will she find my typos before we go to press (lol). And she
always does!

Stop by Who's That Girl today to see what the rest of the DT came up with and to get the full details so you can play along with us! Love to see what you don't do.


Did you see those wonderful paper button flowers? I have some left in my Etsy store. And I have been crafting up a whole bunch, so you'll see some more varieties and colors in there soon.

And the ruler under the photo? More of my folding up those fabulous ruler strips from my Scrapbook Circle kit. Only this time I paired it up with some fussy cutting from a Material Girl page and then ran it through my sewing machine. Same cool folding, just a flatter version of it.


Other than the Thickers and my paper button flowers, this page was made using the February kit from Scrapbook Circle. Such great, versatile pieces in this kit!!!

This page is also built off of the most recent sketch at Design Dollies. Kristy does a fab job over there are giving sketch inspiration, and Adina and Leah pair it up with some great color and elements challenges. If you aren't playing over there, you are missing three very inspirational divas and their fab-o team of ladies.

********************

If you haven't seen Sketchy Thursdays yet today, stop on by.
There is a new DT Call!!

11 comments:

jennifer said...

This page is awesome! And I love your flowers, they go perfectly with the papers too!

Jingle said...

This is a fantastic page! What a great direction to take this prompt!

jillconyers said...

Great prompt and I love what you did with it. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog :)

Marlene said...

Oooh...I love those button flowers!

Tracy said...

I love your buttons, so cute.

heidi said...

This is awesome, as usual!!! I love the way you did the folded ruler with trim and stitching.

Unknown said...

such a nice LO!! I gotta get my hands on some of that new Cosmo Cricket! Looks fab!

Unknown said...

I think that you make my sketches look better than they really are! Fab girl! Thanks for playin with us again!

Terria said...

I love this layout and this new challenge group this group is full of a whole different level of scrappers. But back to this layout the layered flowers and buttons are my favorite!! and the colors and papers for this layout is amazon and fit prefect I love it !! great job :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i knew there was a reason i loved u sooooooooooooooo much and this newest creation of yours proves it!!! u totally inspire me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah Lou said...

Oh excuse me while I drool! I adore this layout! The sketch was awesome to work with wasn't it!! Love all the destressing and the buttonolicious flowers!!!