Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my favorite memory is him


Sorry for the far away picture. My camera is mad at me and I just can't seem to get a good picture lately. It's not keeping a charge, it's been focusing with a clicking sound... I think I've worn it out. I better start looking for a new one.

This page is made for Julie's My Favorite Things blog challenge: My Favorite Memory. Since all of my favorite memories are pretty much about my son, I thought it best to make the page about him.


This fabric flower is made from scraps from the baby quilt that my mom and grandmother made for my son right after he was born. Mom came into town and we picked out all of the fabric together so that it would match the room I was decorating. That was so fun! The little piece of yellow fabric behind the picture is also from from the quilt.

I hand-stitched around all of the clouds. It took quite a long time, but for the final effect it was completely worth it.


This picture is from my son's 4-week-old photo shoot. You know the one... where they are a lump but you expect them to smile for the camera because you're a new mom and that first trip to the photographer is the best one... so they better cooperate. Yeah... that one!

We still have the sepia version of this picture in 11x14 framed and matted in the living room. My favorite picture of Nate as a baby!!


The layout for the page came from the Guest Design Team Member Challenge at Scrapfreak. I lifted Bethy's page HERE. There are a lot of great pages this time around!!

23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* I love love love love love this sooooooooooooooo much diana!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, all that YUMMY stitching...the flower with his quilt scraps!!!! just gorgeous!!!!!! and hehehehehehehehe....adam's 4 week photo shoot wasn't planned by me very well....right around feeding time and him screaming like a banshee for the camera....lol...i still have that one framed too!!!! (what can I say....I have a sick sense of humor!! LOL!!!) ... thanks soooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and did U get the nikki RAK yet??? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Brenda said...

OMGOSH Diana this is soooo awesome love how you added the fabric into this one...and your flowers cute as can be!!!
hugs
Brenda

Leah l'Orange said...

oooooh, D, this is seriously beautiful. i got a lump in my throat when i saw that you'd made that AMAZING flower from quilt scraps! what a fabulous way to preserve the quilt into a memory!

love it.

Diana Joy said...

Great idea using fabric from his nursery. Great layout and so peaceful. TFS.

Tessa Buys said...

I love it! The colors, the fabric, perfect!

Jingle said...

This is a wonderful layout! That fabric flower softens it so well and the stitching adds so much!

Michele said...

so very cute!

Anonymous said...

ADORE the stitching around the clouds! Beautiful LO!

Unknown said...

oh!!! what a precious layout!! loved what you did with the quilt scraps! beautiful.

Marlene said...

Love the stitching! This layout is so beautiful.

Keshet said...

Love this page! The flowers, the stitching, the gorgeous background color....gorgeous!

Allison Waken said...

How sweet is this!!

sarah said...

i SERIOUSLY LOVE this one! the clouds, the design, the flower made with sentimental fabrics!! it's beautiful! :) oh, and i love the colors on it too! :) oh, and the stitching... okay okay, everything!

thanks so much for playing along with fav things! :) we LOVE looking at everyone's work! :)

and isn't SF awesome. i love that forum.

hugs,
sarah.

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

This is so pretty!! I love the fabric flower :)

Tracy said...

OOhh so cute. I love that you used some of the fabric from his baby quilt.

chris a said...

this is so beautiful and moving - I just love it all - the photo, the colors, the clouds, and very especially the flower from the quilt scraps - just so so perfect. thanks for sharing with us at TAAFOMFT

KarenB said...

I love everything about this Diana. Starting with the precious photograph, your hand stitched detail, and that delicious fabric flower.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment :)

Unknown said...

ohh i love the layout you made for the challange!! He's such an adorable little baby too, i looove the photo!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic layout! I love that you used scraps from the baby quilt. Love the hand stitching and the clouds and the photo. Love it all! Beautiful work.

Jessica said...

GORGEOUS layout. Just love it!

Jenneke said...

What a beautiful layout!!!!!! LOVE that sweet picture of your son, the clouds, the stitching, the flowers, LOVE everything!!!

Thanks so much for playing with us!!

XXXJenneke

Anonymous said...

Wow..I just Love your layout!All the beautiful colors,that awesome stitching and that photo is gorgeous!!LOve your design!
Thank you so much for joining us at Fave Things!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful layout!