Monday, February 8, 2010

something completely different from me


I had every intention of making a Valentine's Day heart box for the Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab this past week. (You can see it here at this link.)

Only when I went to make my planned canvas project, I used butterflies. D'uoh! I love it anyways, and in some ways, I love it even more!! Must be why I gravitated to the butterflies.


To make this, I used cranberry colored alcohol ink and water in a mini mister for the first layer. Then I placed the butterfly chipboard down and sprayed again with the orange color Smooch Spritz. (Love this stuff by the way, it was my first time using either technique.)

I let it dry and then outlined the masked areas left by the butterflies with a black ultra-fine Sharpie.


I covered the chipboard butterflies with paper, edged and sanded them, then popped them up off the canvas with foam double-sided pop dots. Add the bakers twine and the stamp, and vióla!

I had meant to get so much more done this weekend, but instead spent Saturday with a very dear friend (hi Ames!!!) and went to a Super Bowl party yesterday. I hope to catch up this week.

Happy Monday everyone, and hope it'll be a good week for you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Diana! I am in love with butterflies right now...and this is just a gorgeous piece of art! Love, Jess

Tessa Buys said...

Beautiful! I haven't made a canvas in a long time. Yours is inpsiring!

lisa said...

Diana, I love this so much. Just beautiful x

Tracy said...

This is so pretty.
I love the bakers twine you used to make the butterfly's trail, too cute.

bethchien said...

that is sooo gorgeous and pretty! what a great job!

Marlene said...

Very pretty. I love butterflies. :)

Leah l'Orange said...

this is just so soft and pretty, missus! i want summadat smooch spritz, too!! :) *pines*

sarah said...

this is ADORABLE!!! if you don't mind me asking, where'd you get that cute stamp?

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous diana!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the butterflies and the twine! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)