Thursday, February 25, 2010

monster trucks rule!


Have you ever been to a Monster Trucks show? They are loud!! And I mean really loud. And so much fun! Nate, like most little boys, is going through his cars and trucks phase and just loves Monster Trucks.

So when the show came to town in January, we had to go.


It was pretty difficult to get great pictures in the arena, but I'm so glad that a few turned out well enough so that I could scrap this moment. My son's obsession live and in-person... no longer just toys, but real, live Monster Trucks!!

His expression in this one picture says it all, doesn't it?!


I used the Studio Calico February kit for most of this layout. I added the Jillibean journal spots from my stash and the black letter stickers are new from K&Co.

Being Thursday, you probably know that this page goes with a Sketchy Thursdays sketch. Check out the sketch and the fabulous prize Your Memories Here is giving away by heading over to the Sketchy Thursdays blog. The DT did a fabulous job with this one!! Gotta check out what they did!!

12 comments:

Jingle said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this one! Beautiful patterns and colors all coming together to highlight some great photos!

Diana Waite said...

this is a DARLING layout. I have never gone to one but my whole family has--they LOVE it! (I conveniently had a crop that night! :) My boys 7 & 9 STILL love them and don't show signs of stopping.

sarah said...

monster trucks -- they are so not my thing, but it sure looks like you guys had tons of fun! :) hehe.

i still need to hit up ST, and see the latest sketch. it looks like i'm gonna get busy with that one later today! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Kristina said...

Great layout! We went to the Monster Jam in Pittsburgh last weekend (by request of my 4 y/o daughter!) I'm bummed now that I didn't take any pictures :(
Another great sketch. I'll be playing along I'm just not going to link up (wouldn't want to win my own prize).
Hugs,
Kristina

Marlene said...

Adorable! (Both your son & the layout). I've never been to a monster trucks thing. I do have a hearing impairment, so it might not be quite as bad for me, though! :)

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to go to the monster truck show! Having a lil girl make it hard cause she is TOTALLY not interested!

Love your LO, and your lit boy is the cutest!!

Jessica said...

Love your layouts. Just found your blog! Thanks for sharing!

heidi said...

So fun!!! Again, loving the rulers!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

my son loves those shows!!!! this is just awesome!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors....and the yummy rulers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Love the page! Your son's expressions are priceless. And, seriously, how cute are those ear muffs?! LOL.

Wati Basri said...

we don't have monster trucks here in SG :(
anyway, love the pics and the layout is fab!

Unknown said...

Love your LO! The pics are awesome! While watching monster trucks on tv would suck seeing them live would be fun :D Love the pleated ruler!