Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tool time! {imaginisce}


For the month of June, each DT girl at Imaginisce is taking a stab at making two different projects using the same tool. I choose to use the i-top punches. They come in small, medium, large and extra large, making it easy to layer and work with them together. Of course, I also used the i-top when joined them.

For the first project, I made a small gift box cut from my Cameo. I used all four punches for the flower on the top and a small brad daddy. There are also small and medium punches for decoration on the sides of the boxes. The papers are from the Hello Cupcake collection.

(PS: There is a challenge at The Paper Variety to make something besides a layout or a card. Why not give a gift box a try. There are a lot of templates out there!)

For my second project, I made a layout. I also used the Hello Cupcake line here, too — the 6x6 paper pad. These papers are great for layering.


I used the small and medium punches here to make the flower in the upper corner. I used the small punch to also make a border along the bottom and a small sunburst at the top. 



As you can see, there is so much more to these punches than just helping to cover the metal pieces for the i-top. I love the flare and versatility that they offer as a punch tool.

Thanks for stopping to see my tool project for Imaginisce. Stop by their blog all month long for ideas on how to use the variety of tools that Imaginisce makes.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are awesome Diana!! LOVING that box!! Very COOL!! And I couldn't see the lo in full as your Flickr slide show was too wide on my screen to see it -- but I can see the close ups!! That photo of Nate blowing out his candle is just tooooooooooooo fun!!!

Jingle said...

Your box is so super cute and I love the layout!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Your gift box is incredible (and so is your layout!) So glad you are joining us at The Paper Variety!!

Diana Waite said...

that box is ADORABLE--LOVE the pictures of Nate on your CUTE layout!