Friday, November 12, 2010

happy girly-girl birthday


What better way to start a Friday than with a girly-girl birthday card!! Now, if my girl Amy's birthday wasn't in March, she may be suspecting this is for her, but it isn't. (Sorry, Amy!)

A friend of mine asked me to make this card for a family member of hers, so it has already been given a good home.


A cool tip on this card for you... I made the glittery pattern on the shoe (cut from a Cricut cart) by using the Maya Road doilie stamps with black ink then embossing it with a silver glitter. The end affect is a really intricate pattern on the shoe, making it look less like a plain die cut on card stock.

**********************

I want to give a huge THANK YOU to my co-workers at NextStepU. This week I noticed the excessive overflow of cards in my finished projects bin. It was a bit out of control and it made me sad that so many cards and tags weren't going to be given a good home.

So, my lovely co-workers are now the proud recipients of many of the projects that have made appearances on this blog. And it was fun to hold a mini craft fair from my desk this week. :)

Thanks again!!!! I'm overwhelmed by your support for my crafting. Love you!!!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWW! What awesome co-workers you have!! I love love love love love that card Diana!! I AM LOVING the blinged out shoe! :):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Can I please come work with you guys? Just say'n. Your card is fabulous!!!

Tessa Buys said...

Fabulous tip! I love those stamps and this is something I will definitely try! You're putting me in the mood to make cards :).

Tracy said...

Okay, seriously how cute is that shoe. She will love it.

Janet's Joy said...

Very pretty girly shoe!

Unknown said...

Cute card and love the shoe. I've been wanting to find a doily stamp set in different sizes. Looks like I'll be on a mission to find that stamp set now! TFS

Lea said...

What a fun card!!! The shoe is fab! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

LOVE that card! Super tip with the stamp! I'm on the look out for it now!

EverydayMe said...

what a cute girly card... love the colors... i'ts perfect!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle