Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays, a new super hero and great kit deals!


Sketchy Thursdays is live with a new sketch for you, and I hope to see you over there! Check out the DT's pages, the sketch, and the fabulous prize from a brand new kit provider Catch The Moments Kits.

I had so much fun using this latest sketch. I had captured some funny pictures of Nate a week or two ago as he was using his fabulous imagination. He was wearing his turkey feathers from a school project, a plastic cape and his Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger pajamas.


With that... the super hero aptly named Super Turkey Ranger was briefly born. And since forgotten. But for this one moment, I was loving the new super hero. I can't wait to see what he thinks up next.


One thing I am really excited about for this Christmas is Nate's new cape. We made his current cape from a garbage-bag-like material while we were at a Super Hero Day at the museum in the summer. It has a orange tape 'N' on the back. He wears it EVERY DAY! No kidding! Every. Single. Day.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to order him a reversible kids cape from Etsy. I haven't hinted or anything about it. It will have a Spider Man on one side and a Batman on the other. I can't wait!! It's the big surprise gift from Santa this year. I think I may be more excited to give it to him than he can possibly be to receive it.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you scoot on over to Sketchy Thursdays and join us this week. You won't want to miss the chance at the Catch the Moments Kits prize!!

Catch the Moments Kits is having a fabulous sale right now. And I mean fabulous!! I already scooped up one kit and some Thickers. See the sale HERE!

12 comments:

EverydayMe said...

Ugh... I hate being so busy... I'm missing all my favorite blog postings... sorry I haven't been around... BUT THIS LO.... is FAB!!!! Rainee loves going around the house as 'panty-girl'... so I can totally relate to making sure you get a page out of your turkey ranger.... thanks for all your inspiration... and I'm going to look into one of those capes for Rainee... it will be great!!! Thanks!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Becky said...

Awesome layout! Love the banner and the little snapshots. I think I get more excited to see my kids open their gifts than they are to receive them! Part of the fun, right?

Tracy said...

Your layout is Adorable, and so is Nate. How cute. Ohhh he will love his new cape. I'm excited for him as well ;)

Jingle said...

HA! So cute!!!

hilde janbroers said...

What a great layout! So much to see

Catch the Moments Kit said...

So cute! I am so excited to be sponsoring Sketchy Thursdays! You are going to love the Vintage Kit!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great layout and sketch! I hope I have time to participate at Sketchy Thursdays!

Unknown said...

Nate is too stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see you document his adventures with the new one!

Janet's Joy said...

Cute story and layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! That is the BESTEST title EVER!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the banners too!! YOU ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

What a fun layout. I just adore the title!!

Keshet said...

Love this, Diana! Love the fun mix of letters!!