Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ornaments and alcohol inks


I love this ornament! I saw this tutorial from Tim Holtz where he used alcohol inks and a can of compressed air to add color to the inside for a plain glass ornament. I used a frosted glass ornament for mine, and he uses clear glass for his. I also added Perfect Pearls to the red and blue inks I used, where he used inks with glitter (which I didn't have). The Perfect Pearls helped to add the shimmer.

The funny part about this ornament... You know when you lay down a hollow ornament like this it kind of sways a bit. Well, because of the inks being tossed around by the compressed air, it unevenly distributes. My ornament falls to the side like a rock! HAHA!! Most of the ink must have settled on one side. It looks unnatural and sorta funny.

Thanks for stopping by to see my ornament! I hope you'll watch the video from Tim Holtz. I'm sure if you were to try and make a few of these this week for extra gifts, you could get a really great deal. Everything should be marked down right now. Or stock up for next year!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! This is AWESOME Diana!! LOVE IT! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

OOO! That's purty! I wonder if you could do this with glimmer mists for a more see thru look? hmmmmm :) Lovely!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow that is just soooo pretty! i love it!

Pam W. said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Jingle said...

That is so pretty! Funny that the ink settled! At least it looks nice! :-)

Tracy said...

Very pretty ornament.
I have made these but not with the compressed air, how interesting.

Staci said...

Oh so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

ScrappnBee said...

Thanks for sharing! I think that it came out great (even if it wobbles). You definately can't tell by the photo! Happy Holidays!