Friday, November 15, 2013

Holiday cards {laina lamb designs/mft}


A few months ago, Laina Lamb asked if I would want to work with some of her holiday release stamps and dies offered at My Favorite Things, and of course I jumped at the chance. A fan of hers for many years, the quality of her stamps is excellent and her designs on-trend and fun.

Today I'll share with you a few cards and a tag that I made using a variety of her products you can find at My Favorite Things.


For this first card, I used the dots border, chevron die cut and little snowflake stamp. All are stamped in a dark gray chalk ink. I used the Holiday Subway Art stamp set and the Holiday Traditions Elements dies.




For this second card, I used the Holiday Traditions stamps in conjunction with the Holiday Traditions Elements dies. 




Here you can see the deer stamp and die cut seal, and also the snowflakes and a snowflake die. I love how easy it is to use the stamps and get an easy cut when you match them with the die and your Big Shot or other die cutter.


This kraft tag was fun to make. I used the long word "CHRISTMAS" and layered it staggered across the width of the tag, also incorporating one of the border stamps. The DEC circle stamp is perfect for advent calendars or December Daily kits, too!



For this last card, I really wanted the stamps to be the star of the show on a white background. I used a 3-tone green ombré effect on the HO HO HO stamp, a bright red burst for the stars border, and then a white-on-white for the word HOLIDAY cut from the December Memories die set.


I love how crisp this turned out! It would be easy to make a whole set of these for the season.



Check out My Favorite Things / Laina Lamb Design if you are looking for that perfect holiday stamp set for cards, a December album or holiday tags.

Thanks for stopping to see my holiday inspiration, and thank you to Laina for letting me play with her new collections!

2 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

These are all so amazing! You have such a great simple and elegant style. Thank you so much for making all of these beautiful creations with my products!

Sarah said...

Love these! My favourite is the keep calm one! So festive!!