Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monster Jam {scrapbook circle}


Oh yes, this wood background paper from October Afternoon is amazing! I need 10 more sheets just like it. Maybe just to make a mini album so that all of my pages don't start to look like I live in the Wild West. :)

This paper, and so much else, is available in the Remember This kit from Scrapbook Circle. And how cute are those mini chevron bags?! Such a perfect way to tuck away some journaling in a super stylish way.

I made my page using the sketch inspiration at Artful Delight. Check out the sketch and play along over at the blog. Lots to see over there!


Taking Nate to Monster Trucks this past January was so fun. He is old enough now to really get into it and root for his favorite drivers and cheer along — it was such a great night out for our little family. I managed to get some great pictures even in the dimly lit arena, so that made me happy.


Nate is so excited to have this layout finished. It's currently hanging in my craft room (one that he shares with me for his craft area, too) and he keeps looking at the page talking about that night. A great bonus to making these pages — you get to re-live the moments!

Thanks for stopping to see my layout!

19 comments:

Pam said...

I love this layout! And I love how your son is into monster trucks. His smile makes me smile! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love this! Loving those photos of Nate, the twine, and loving that little bag!! So fun! Thanks for playing along with AD! And tell Nate, I am a HUGE Monster truck fan! My all time fave is Grave Digger!!

Heidi said...

Great layout. I love the wood background.

Anonymous said...

this is great! Love the chevron envelope and how all your elements pop against the wood background! Makes me want to sign up for that kit club!

Kristina said...

Way cool! I really do love that paper - hmm thinking I'm gonna have to get a few stacks of it.

Erica said...

The paper and the little bag are so fun! I've got a ton of those little bags. I've been using them in Project Life but maybe I need to use on on a layout!

Danielle said...

Great page! That background paper looks so real. I thought you photographed your layout on a fence. It took me a minute to realize it was the background.

artfuldelight said...

Awesome LO, love the background paper. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

Jingle said...

This is amazing! I love how you brought in the different elements!

Margie Higuchi said...

I am so with you on the wood background paper! LOL!! GREAT page - love the movement of the twine!

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

loving that background paper...i keep seeing it popping up everywhere. great layout!

Elisa K said...

love the wood background and your photos are perfect.. Love it all.. Thanks for sharing..

scrappymo! said...

Great layout...love that background paper, the envelope and the hexagons. It has a nice feeling of action.

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Fantastic page! I love so much about it...the papers, the bag, the bakers twine, the design! It's perfect :)

Unknown said...

This is a perfectly put together page. Love how you put everything together. I love that Nate is excited about it too!

Debbie said...

Great layout!!! Love the background paper and super pics! Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight!

Unknown said...

I really love the way this looks with that background paper, very nice!! You did a wonderful job with the sketch..so glad you played along at Artful Delight!!

Sam said...

this LO is soooo pretty! love the background paper!

June Houck said...

Really cute take on Abby's sketch. This is so adorable :)
I am so glad you joined us at Artful Delight.