Friday, January 1, 2010

have some hope for the new year


Scrap That Poetry has posted the next challenge. Challenge #7 is Hope, by Emily Dickenson. You can create a layout, card or project that uses the words from the poem in your layout or as an inspiration in your work. The winner of the challenge will be the guest designer for challenge #9 as well as recieve a RAK from Jennifer. You have until 10 a.m. (EST) on January 14th to post your link to this post HERE.



Hope
by Emily Dickenson

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul,
and sings the tune - without the words,
and never stops at all,
and sweetest in the gale is heard;
and sore must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
and on the strangest sea;
Yet, never in extremity,
it asked a crumb of me.



This page was made using a picture from 2004, when hubby and I had our engagement pictures taken right before our wedding. The journaling says "You always hope that your love story is the best one of all." And that is the hope that I have.

I did some more misting and masking. I did a combo of three kinds. Glacier and Vanilla Breeze Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Blue from Maya Mist. The paper I started with is from Pink Paislee. White rub ons from Cosmo Cricket finished the look off. And, of course, more of the great corrugated alphas from Jillibean Soup. LOVE 'EM!!
I really liked how soft and romantic the end result was.


Well, I hope to see some of you playing along over at Scrap That Poetry. Thanks again to Jennifer for letting me GDT for Challenge #7. It was so fun! Hope I can do it again some time!


11 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

Diana, I absolutely love this layout of yours!! Great job on this challenge...it's great having you as a guest over at STP!! Love, Jess

Diana Waite said...

WOW-BEAUTIFUL!!

Brenda said...

OMGOSH Diana!!! This layout is breathtaking!!I love the photo and all the misting is just perfect!
Awesome layout!!
hugs
Brenda

heidi said...

Oh my god! That's the first thing that escaped my lips when I saw this. Holy heck, Diana! This is just about THE MOST GORGEOUS layout I've ever seen. Didn't you lament once that you aren't good with mists?? I sooooooooo need you to teach me how to do this. You just blew my mind. You know I've always loved your work but you just entered a whole new dimension. I am not worthy to be in your midst! Wow wow wow wow wow wow.

Unknown said...

gorgeous lo girl! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!!!!! DIANA!!!! I'm with Heidi!!! That is the MOST GORGEOUS LO!!!! WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

ooooh, i've got LOTS of scrapping to do! i love that poem and what a sweet photo of you too! the layout is absolutely gorgeous and full of emotion....love it!

hugs,
mo

Unknown said...

This is definitely one of my favs of yours!!! I am so glad you created it for our challenge... it fits your pictures and journaling so well!!!

Kathy said...

beautiful, I like the title and the bird

Kim said...

your page is gorgeous!!! that is a priceless photo!!
thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I am happy to have met you this year too!

sarah said...

this is GORGEOUS! love all that negative space! :)

happy saturday!