Tuesday, April 21, 2009

outside the lines


I am guilty of always thinking I should start with a square or rectangle when making cards. I make a lot of them, so it's an easy and bad habit to get into.

Today I am sharing a card I made for my grandmother. It's a get well card with a twist. The front of the card is a butterfly, the back a rectangle.

I used a piece of cardboard to trace a template for the butterfly and the back. The edges of the butterfly are filed down with an emery board and then inked for definition. A Heidi Grace stamp is used for the Get Well Soon in the bottom corner.

In this picture, the message has already been written, you just can't see it. I lightly traced the outline of the butterfly for guidance, then put a "thinking of you" rub on in the inside followed by a handwritten message that followed the shape of the wings.

Add a little bling, and this card is ready to go.





1 comment:

Stephanie said...

this is such a great card! i love everything about it! totally inspired me to make some cards that aren't just regular old rectangles too!