Wednesday, April 29, 2009

baby girl card

Today's card is to celebrate a new baby girl. I used some random pink paper with white dots for the background, Basic Grey Urban Praire for the main paper and Basic Grey Sugared Olio rub ons. I used machine stitching on this card, one of my favorite techniques.

Instead of ribbon, I used jewelry-maker's twine. It can be found for about $5 for a pack of six different colors, and it has proven to be very versatile. The 'bébé' is a BG rub on that I put on heavy cardstock, cut out and then raised up with double-sided foam tape.

I hope this card inspires you to try something different or to revisit something you had put aside. Have a good one...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card!

Brenda said...

Beautifly done! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peg said...

Diana... i have to say, this is my favorite. i love to mix different patterns and colors like you did. and the layering is beautiful. You inspire me each time!!! have a great weekend!!! Did not know tomorrow is NSD :) FUn fact!!!