Friday, January 14, 2011

Silhouettes in style


I was asked by Robin at La Bella Mela to make a few framed silhouettes for the shop, and I happily agreed. Now, the tough part is that she asked me in late October and it was nearly January by the time I did these. The worst part was finding the frames.

You can't just put these in a square or rectangle everyday frame, they need to be more ornate. And oval would be the best, but proved to be even more difficult to find.


I ended up quite happy with these. I used either Webster's Pages or Pink Paislee for my background papers and the silhouettes are cut from the Heritage Cricut cartridge.


Unless they have been given a good home already, these are for sale at La Bella Mela in Brockport, NY. Thanks for stopping to see my projects today!!

12 comments:

Janet Z said...

Diana they are wonderful!

Kristy said...

These are fabu! I love the ones in the black ovals then in the square frame, looks great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME!!!!! I loveeeeeeee the frames you found to use! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

These are beautiful!

ellen s. said...

oh goodness these are amazing!

Rach H said...

Very nice! Lovely job!

Tammy said...

Beautiful! These are so elegant and easy. Might be great for that spot in your house where you just need a little something. Great idea.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i lvoe it! so pretty

Jessica B - crafty_chic_girl said...

LOVE these...this project has the wheels turning in my crafting mind!

~ Jess

byondbzr said...

Very pretty, you found fabulous frames!

Shoebox Memories D'Luxe said...

They are beautiful! I love that painted look, very shabby chic! Great job!

Keshet said...

Stunning, Diana! Love!