Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Love Letters Week {lily bee}


Today I'm sharing a card and heart-shaped gift box that I made using the Lily Bee We R Family collection. I love pinks/red/coral colors with teal/aqua/green shades. This color combo always looks so fresh and fun to me.


To make my card, I used the leftover hearts from what was cut for the gift box. These hearts were the inside of the heart that is the lid. I had to trim them just a little bit to get them to stack in a neat pattern, but overall this was a great way to use what was left over from the cut on my Silhouette Cameo.


The "LOVE THIS" 3x4 card in the background is one of the Daily Deck cards. I love using these cards on greeting cards. The sentiments are always so sweet.


This box was cut using a file from Lori Whitlock that I found in the Silhouette Online Store. For some reason, when I resized the box to make it bigger I ended up with the lid inside the box instead of outside. I ended up liking it better that way — a nice surprise!


Supplies: We R Family (Pattern paper: Family Ties, Family Heirloom; Daily Deck; Wood Veneer)

Thanks for stopping to see my Valentine's Day project today. I would offer you a piece of candy, but I already ate nearly the whole box! I should stop making projects that require I buy candy for photographing.

1 comment:

LisaDV said...

"LOVE THIS". Sorry, I had to make the little pun, but that card is WAY too cute.