Thursday, September 15, 2011

Double the fun {Sketchy Thursdays}


Sketchy Thursdays is double the fun this week. We have joined up with the ScrapFit challenge blog. In addition to using the Sketchy Thursdays sketch this week, use the prompt: F is for Friendship, and you'll have two chances to win. Make sure to link your page to both challenge blogs.

Check out the Sketchy Thursdays blog as well as the ScrapFit blog for all the details and extra prizes. You could win a $10 gift certificate to my Etsy shop just for commenting on Sketchy Thursdays' challenge post. Play along, and you have a chance at a prize from Burlap & Buttercups kit club. ScrapFit has a prize for commenting as well as some fabulousness from Paper Issues.


This is my page that uses the sketch and the prompt. The pictures are from our company picnic at a local amusement park this summer. Some of you know about Madison from past pages, but if you don't, Madison is Nate's future bride. LOL! Madison's mom and I are co-workers and friends, so it was great to have a company picnic where our kids could spend the day together too.


I used some new summer CHA goodness on this page. The paper is from the 6x6 sheets of Pink Paislee Nantucket. The Thickers are Amy Tangerine, and the buttons and tag sticker are new My Mind's Eye. I think I was looking for any excuse to rip into those packages and threw it all down on one page.

Thanks for stopping to see my page today. To re-cap: Play along with the Sketchy Thursdays' sketch and the ScrapFit Friendship prompt. Link your page to both blogs for a chance at 2 prizes. Comment on both blogs and have more chances to win prizes, including a $10 gift certificate to my Etsy shop. Pretty easy?!

Hope to see you over there playing along—you have until next Wednesday to link up.

20 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so fun! I love this! It's different and fabulous!!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Such a fun page!! I love that sun!

Danielle said...

It always amazes me how quickly a week passes by. I love the giant rays on this layout. Fun!!

kate blue said...

super cute! loving the rays and the twine!

Anonymous said...

What a fun page! I just went to Seabreeze this past summer for the first time... My cousin lives a few blocks down the street from the park, and we drove over from Syracuse to spend the day there. It's so much fun! I am still thinking about the scrapbook page I will make for that day... Yours is a great inspiration :)

Blessed Ladybug said...

oh my gosh i have the perfect pictures.. at the beach on vacation.. i can even us your title seabrezzzzze or beach fun.....

thanks for always insprining me..

have a greatday

Amanda Johnson said...

LOVE this!! I really like how you misted at the base of the sun...gives awesome dimension and texure!

Unknown said...

LOVE what you did with the paper and the burst of paint! LOVE the entire page!

Ursula Schneider said...

that is a fun page. and such great pictures

Christy said...

Wow!!! I love the yellow paper and the bakers twine....well EVERYTHING!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Your layout is adorable! I love the sunshine-y look!

Charity said...

love the title and great take on the sketch!!!

Diana Waite said...

this is just SO fantastic! Love the title AND the rays--just CUTE!!!

Fabi Ormerod said...

Oh Diana, what a lovely and creative sun you did on this page. Loved it!!! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ahem... ahem... ahem... I thought we had all ready arranged Brookie and Nate! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those photos, the beams and the title work!! Ohhhhhhh and PS... the banner will be live Fri. around 2'ish your time and I haven't mailed it yet :( I need to find a box that will work! :):):):):):):):):):):)

tsruya said...

i LOVE it! it's so beautiful!!!

Jess said...

what an awesome layout! love it!

Lesli said...

I really love this sketch and your LO is absolutely wonderful!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a fun LO with so many wonderful details. Love the misting, wonderful title, and twine tied around the focal photo that perfectly matches your paper! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Pamela said...

LOVE this!!! :)