Monday, August 9, 2010

so dang proud!


This weekend my son became a real scrapper! If you've read my blog for awhile, you may remember THIS POST where I showed the book of Super Heroes that we started for him. Well, he's been bugging me to finish it.

While he was talking to me, I began to realize he had ideas for it. Nate knew what he wanted it to look like, and what he wanted to include.


So, I let him make the next four pages all by himself. This was so much fun for me, more so I think than it might have been for him! Nate's art table is in my craft room, so I set him up in there and he got busy creating. (Sorry there are so many pictures, but he was so dang cute!)


Here, he's gluing down his photo mat and photos. He had very specific ideas about what papers went with which pictures.


He added epoxy stickers, letters and die cuts. Then he posed for a picture with each page before we added them to his book.

(See Nate's wonderful black eye? He fell off of a jungle gym/plastic climber at daycare on Thursday. It was quite scary for everyone, but all he has is this nice shiner to show for it. Other than some swelling, he bounced right back, even taking the time to get a sympathy pick from the prize box for his accident. Oh, did I mention he was pretending to be a cop when he fell?! Yeah, that doesn't make me feel too good about his career choice!)

Nate meeting Buzz and Woody


Iron Man at the Strong Museum of Play


The Hulk at the Strong Museum of Play


Nate and Daddy meet Spider Man at the Strong Museum of Play


Well, that's all for Nate's first scrapbooking experience. I'm so dang proud of him! If you lasted this long, thank you so much for sharing this with me. In case you couldn't tell, I'm so excited about this. :)

Have a great Monday!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!!!

Anonymous said...

so sweet!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GO NATE!!!!! His pages SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCK!!!!! Love them all!! And I am UBER JEALOUS he met BUZZ and WOODY...I have only met Buzz!! LOL!! And bummer about the shiner!! Ugh...I am glad it wasn't too serious though!! No fun being in a cast during the summer!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

So cute! He has his Mama's talent:)

Laurel said...

So cute!

Tessa Buys said...

Whoo hoo Nate! He did a fantastic job!

Shell said...

Love the layouts he did - and I hope you are doing a page about the blackeye!

Unknown said...

This is beyond cute!!! He has a real eye for design- and knows what he wants!!!!!

Jingle said...

He made SUCH fantastic pages! Look at him go! I love the photos!

sarah said...

oh my!!! that is too adorable! :) taking after his momma for sure. hehe.

hugs!

Diana Waite said...

yeah! GREAT job!!

Unknown said...

How fun!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

OMG...how freaking adorable!!! I see why you're a proud mama, he's quite talented :)

heidi said...

are you KIDDING me??? you didn't help him AT ALL?? This kid is a chip off the ol' block! He's got a future, this one. Safer than being a cop! ;oD

Renee Lamb said...

Dang!! He is a GOOD scrapper! LOL - you SHOULD be a proud mama! He is absolutely a doll!