Sunday, May 16, 2010

happiness is...


Who's That Girl is live with another challenge for you! The "who" in my page is my mother-in-law. I took this picture of her and Nate on Easter, and when I saw the prompt for this challenge, I just knew it was meant for this picture.

Happiness to my MIL is definitely time spent with her only grandson. My husband is an only child, and we're all set having kids, so Nate is most definitely spoiled! And he knows it, too.


Who's That Girl would love to know what your Happiness Is... You can be funny, serious or all out crazy about how you illustrate this concept. Any way you choose to tackle it, we want to see it! Make sure to link up your creation in the comments section at Who's That Girl so we can see what you make and leave you some love!


My tip to share with you about this page is in making the flower. I used Webster's Pages Bloomers. I cut off only one bloom and some of what is off to the side of it. I tucked the side pieces under and affixed the glue dots to hold it together and also to hold it to the page.

Then... and here's the neat trick... I trimmed it. It was kind of wild and deep, so I just cut some of the bloom off of it. It shaped pretty well and allowed for the chipboard circle piece I put in the middle to show better. Try that next time you are working with the floral ribbon like this.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! And I hope to see you over at Who's That Girl!!!


Supplies: Cosmo Cricket (pp, chipboard, stickers), K&Co. (letters), Webster's Pages (bloomers), Jillibean Soup (journal spots)

16 comments:

lisa said...

I love this page Diana. Wow your Nate must be very precious : ) Off to check out that challenge xx

Anonymous said...

Love this page...all the bright colors make me happy:) Great flower!!! I will try to play along! Love, Jess

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, that flower is gorgeous!

Keshet said...

Such a fun page, Diana!

Unknown said...

aww what a sweet layout and looove that pretty flower! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!! I love love love love this!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee what U did with that flower! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

Love what you did with the flower... this page makes me happy....Great times spent with family. It is so important!!! Love the photo. Hugs,Amy

Pam said...

Love your layout! I can tell your child is very well loved.:-) TFS!

heidi said...

very cute! i have some of that ribbon in green. i should use it...

lauren bergold said...

this is gorgeous and SO MUCH FUN and those photos are to die for...you have to get a scan of this printed for your m-i-l and pop it in the mail, she will FRAME IT immediately i guarantee!!! ♥

(ps: that bloomer trim is currently my favorite product! i've been snipping single blooms AND also using it in a strip...as far as i can tell, there is NO bad way!!!)

Jingle said...

Oh, this is just adorable1 I am totally loving that flower you have going on!

sarah said...

great way to use that webster's trim! LOOKS great as a single flower. :)

great take on that challenge. i haven't had the opportunity to play along with bree's challenges cuz i've been so busy.

hopefully soon!

have a great week, diana!

hugs,
sarah.

Renee Lamb said...

awesome layout girl! Love the journaling and thanks for the neat tip on the flower! I love how it turned out!

Bonita Rose said...

love it gf.. and great tip re the flower.. I recently got lots of bloomers in the mail in every color.. so this is a great tip! thks for sharing with us!

Tracy said...

Hi Diana:
I received my goodies. Thank yo so much.
I posted a vid of me opening it LOL I am such a dud LOL.
I posted it on my blog.

Pearl said...

Love the design here , Diana ! We're definitely on the same page re: trendy embellies & elements to use on our pages recently ! woot !