Wednesday, September 30, 2009

dear mr. grouchy

I have been doing the antsy pants dance dying to share this page with you. It's for the next prompt at Get Meaningful: Dear...

You are to write a letter to someone you would never otherwise write a letter to. I chose to write to Mr. Grouchy, the monster Nate says lives under the pillow. He said he was tall like Daddy and had a big mouth. My darling husband, with all of his room-clearing, police training happily went into Nate's room and swept it for monsters. Nate followed, and Mr. Grouchy has surfaced less since then.



I am so happy with how this turned out! For one, I love how the Monstrosity line from Sassafras Lass was just so perfect for this moment. No other paper would have done this topic justice!

Supplies: Sassafras Lass Monstrosity (pp), Making Memories (felt letters), Making Memories (sticker letters)


You have a couple weeks (until Oct. 13) to work on playing along with us. And, because I'm really interested in seeing who you would write a letter to, I am offering up a prize.

If you complete this prompt, link your page to Get Meaningful and then come back here and tell me you played. From the players' comments I receive here, I will pull a random winner for a RAK. Let's see those letters!


13 comments:

jennifer said...

That is SO cute!!! I love it, what a great prompt and you're right those papers are totally perfect!

Jingle said...

This is such an adorable page! Very well done and a great way to use that prompt!

KarenSue said...

this is soooo cute!!

Lizzy said...

I really, really love this idea. Love your page and will try and do this challenge.

Jodi said...

Love this Diana! This is an awesome idea, I just might have to try this one out!

Terria said...

Super cute LO love it!! The kiddos can be cutie little monster sometimes:)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

UBER cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessa Buys said...

Oooh, interesting prompt - and I love your take on it! That page is fantastic. Very cute!

heidi said...

This is just about the cutest layout EVER. And you gave me such a great idea for the prompt. I can't wait!!!

allison waken said...

Soo cute! I just love that line.

Unknown said...

omg Diana this page is so dang cute! how did nate come up with that name? he he! soooo cute! it is absolutely adorable and i'm sure you've made such a great memory with this page!

heidi said...

I played along! Thanks for the inspiration!!

http://notbusyenuf.blogspot.com/2009/10/dear-long-and-winding-road.html

Carmen said...

I love this :D What an imagination your son has and how cute is hubby to do that? Green with envy at your handwriting! ;)